Director of Quality
JN White® was founded in 1960. Over the years, we’ve evolved from being an industrial screen printer to a full-service solutions partner for brands around the world. We amped up our industrial printing and custom component capabilities, invested in the latest/greatest technology, and upped the industry’s precision ante. JN White® provides integrated, customized solutions that best meet our customers’ needs for printed products, component parts, and subassemblies. Through our responsive, well-trained, and ethical employees, we create value for our customers, our community, and our company.
We’re always on the lookout for people who have the skills, experience, and customer-first attitude to join our team.
Qualified candidates will undergo a physical and drug test prior to starting.
JNW is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
This position will be responsible for managing the staff and activities of the Quality Department, shipping and receiving, and inspection. This role responsible for completing and maintaining compliance certification(s), customer satisfaction metrics, and corporate reputation by ensuring the quality of products produced. Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the quality of manufactured goods to ensure compliance with standards and customer requirements. Regularly analyze quality data and understand the causes of defects to effectively provide practical solutions. Ensure organizational knowledge, documentation and compliance of the Quality management System. This position will interact regularly with the leaders of the organization, as well as customers, vendors and other external parties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand, oversee and maintain an effective and compliant Quality Management System.
- Manage and lead the Quality Department.
- Develop, implement and oversee quality standards and processes to ensure criteria is met at all times and is in compliance with industry standards and required certifications.
- Collaborate with department leaders to understand customer requirements and compliance with quality processes.
- Ensure products are produced with adherence to legal and safety standards.
- Work closely with external parties to provide quality support, required documentation and ensure adherence to quality requirements.
- Be the point person for all customer and vendor compliance requirements.
- Research, document and analyze quality data using statistical best practices. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement with respect to efficiency, waste and customer requirements.
- Manage all quality audits and quality training requirements.
- Assure that all process errors, product failures and any process deviations are investigated and that any corrective actions and/or preventive actions are carried out.
- Manage product recalls and associated communications.
- Manage the process to perform final checks and analysis on products to ensure compliance.
- Participate in meetings and projects as required to accomplish departmental and company goals.
- Supervise and enhance employee quality training.
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective action process.
- Manage vendor compliance and scorecard program.
- Lead equipment/process validation IQ/OQ/PQ
- Willingness to travel as needed.
This job has supervisory responsibilities for the Quality Department, Shipping and Receiving, and Inspection. These duties and leadership responsibilities are carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures, safety guidelines, and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as foster teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills with demonstrated success managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Indepth knowledge of quality control procedures and standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with working knowledge of statistical methods.
- Proficient with computer technology and systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that are effective to a diverse audience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Self-directed individual with a strong sense of ownership of their work.
- Results driven approach to problem solving that considers cost without compromising quality.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current manufacturing best practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Business or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Quality certifications advantageous.
- Minimum 7-10 years quality experience, including ISO certifications, in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in medical device and or ISO 9001 or 13485 preferred.
- Strong desire to be a contributor and subject matter expert on our products.