Die Cutter – 2nd shift (3 PM – 1:30 AM, Monday – Thursday)
Operates machine to cut out parts to a specified size and shape, and to perform scoring and face cutting on a variety of materials. Operates steel rule and thermal die cutting press.
- Obtains production dies
- Inserts die board in press and aligns.
- Adjusts guides for die cutting
- Fits rubber to steel rule, place make-ready sheets under jacket and adjust guides, gauge pins, fingers and grippers for face cutting.
- Runs proof samples and secures approval for production run.
- Measures or compares parts with standard to verify conformance to specifications.
- Starts press, adjusts speed, feed sheets and removes cut parts from die or bed of machine.
- May be required to change die rubber.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment.
Successful candidates have these qualifications and abilities:
- Minimum HS Diploma/GED.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Knowledge of Press Set-Up
- Knowledge of all-the-way-through and to the liner
- Use of Hand tools (wrenches and drills)
- Ability to compare work to standards and identify differences
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to use calipers
- Strong problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Sense of quality
We are an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.