- Provides financial information by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, account reconciliations, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Monitors inventory.
- Assists Purchasing as needed.
IN ADDITION TO THE KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS LISTED SEPARATELY, SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of Excel, and Word. Accounting software and Mac experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of intermediate accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while multitasking.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to contact vendor and effectively convey information (both positive and negative).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills coupled with the ability to work with deadlines.
- Experience working with confidential financial records.
- Ability to work effectively either as a team member or independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in tax, accounting, finance or business management.
- Minimum 2-3 experience in accounting/finance in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards.
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Occasional overtime as required.
We are an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.